I hope you’re ready for your weekly dose of Motivation Monday! Today I want to talk about weight loss because I know how hard losing weight can be and I know the struggles that come with it. More precisely I want to share with you tips to keep you motivated during the weight loss part of your journey. I tend to not talk about weight loss very much on here because I am past the weight loss part of my journey, in fact I’ve been maintaining for about 3 years now. This doesn’t change the fact that I’ve been where you might be now and I’ve gone through all the ups and downs. Believe it or not I still go through ups and downs even 3 years after reaching my goal. I’m writing this post to hopefully make it a little easier for you all.
10 Motivating Tips for Weight Loss
1. The scale is only ONE method of measuring weight loss. You can also go by the way you feel about yourself, the way your clothes fit, maybe you can cross your leg now or you’ve discovered bones your never knew you had! All of these are great ways to measure weight loss without stepping on the scale. We all know that the scale can be very disappointing sometimes and is very black and white with its results without taking into account a whole bunch of other factors and milestones.
2. Weight loss journal – You can use your weight loss journal for a lot more than tracking your weight loss. It can be used for your meal prep, storing recipes, grocery lists, workout routines, goals, motivating quotes. In short this is like a bible, it should be your go to when you are needing that extra help to get you off the couch. Be sure to incorporate things that remind you of how far you have come, such as before pictures.
3. Once a month set out to reach a new goal. This will help you stay motivated throughout the month and then at the beginning of the new month you get to start working towards a new goal which is always fun & exciting! New goals can be as simple as: drinking an extra liter of water a day, running your fastest mile or lifting your heaviest weight.
4. Prepped fresh fruits & veggies – At the beginning of the week, take plastic baggies and prepare place your favorite fruit and veggies in them. This is an easy way to ensure that you reach for your healthy snacks rather than processed granola bars when you’re in a hurry or don’t know what to eat.
5. Take the time to find a workout regime that you love. Working out doesn’t have to be a chore and it definitely doesn’t meant that you need to spend hours on the treadmill or at the weight rack. Swimming is a workout. Biking is a workout. Rollerblading is a workout. At home body weight workouts ARE workouts!
6. Eat more! What? Eat more? Yes! Eat more healthy clean non processed foods. And if you are restricting yourself to 1200 calories a day, STOP. If you are finding that you are having a hard time staying on track with your eating habits, are struggling with binging, night time junk food eating and all that jazz you most likely are not eating enough food throughout the day thus leaving your body starved for proper nutrition which leads to unhealthy cravings!
7. Weight loss Jars – An easy visual way to track your progress from week to week.
8. Cut up your food in smaller pieces to make it look like you are eating more than you actually are. I like to call these Jedi mind tricks! For example: when I eat a protein bar I like to cut it up in little pieces because it seems to last longer and leave me feeling more content.
9. Make sure that you’ve eaten a healthy meal or snack before you leave the house and pack a few snacks to bring with you. This way you are less likely to eat unhealthy foods while you are out. Eating out Tip: If you are going out to eat, have a look at the menu before you leave the house. Most restaurants have a menu up on their website.
10. Invest in some cute workout clothes and comfortable running shoes. If you invest in some new workout gear you are likely to want to wear that clothing thus motivating you to get up off the couch and go workout! Make sure that you wear this clothing only when you workout though.
I put out new Videos Every Tuesday and Thursday, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & make sure you don’t miss a thing!