It’s Friday, Friday, Foodie Foodie Friday! Yayyy!
When it comes to cooking dinner for my family, I take inspiration from different places. Sometimes I see a picture of a dish and my immediate reaction is to run to my kitchen and whip it up for myself and other times the inspiration comes from one ingredient and the rest of the dish just flows from there. The latter is what happened this time around! So let the casserole baking being!
2 Chicken Breasts
3-4 medium sized Potatoes
½ Cup Carrots, shredded
1 Small onion, chopped
3 cups broccoli, cooked
2 cans cream of broccoli soup
Milk; fill up one can of the broccoli soup with the milk.
Shredded Cheese, enough to cover the top.
1. Prepare all vegetables and chicken- cut, chop, shred.
2. Steam veggies until they are still a little hard. Boil the potatoes for about 2-3 minutes after the water starts boiling. Cook the chicken however you like, I used the George Foreman. No need to pre-cook the carrots and onions.
3. In a separate bowl mix together soups and milk.
4. Put everything in your baking dish, including the soup mix. Mix everything together. Top with Cheese.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes, serve & enjoy!
I. I used my cheese grater to shred my carrots.
II. The leftover make for a wonderful lunch the next day!
This dish was a HUGE hit in my house and I have a feeling this recipe is going to become a regular here! Don’t forget to tag me in your pictures on Social Media using the #HealthFitnessBoss.
Happy Friday, Foodie!