Are you ready for this post? Are you? I ask this for a few reasons: the first being that I haven’t posted in WAY too long but I’ve got my computer problems fixed! The second is, im not sure if you’re ready for the deliciousness that will come out of your oven!
The inspiration for this recipe comes from PlantBasedKirsta Instagram account. She is a Music Student plant based Vegan on a budget. Check out her account and follow her for a splash of natures medicine on your timeline!
✓ 1 ⅛ cups whole wheat flour
✓ ⅛ cup honey
✓ 2 tsp baking power
✓ Pinch of salt
✓ ¼ cup cocoa powder
✓ 2 TBSP vanilla extract
✓ 1 egg
✓ ¼ cup coconut oil
✓ Splash of black coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
3. In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, combine all wet ingredients, EXCEPT coffee into the pan. Allow to simmer until it starts to steam.
4. Combine mixtures, add in coffee and mix. The mixture should form a soft dough.
5. Roll into shape, place a non-stick pan (I greased mine with cooking spray) and bake for 12-14 minutes.
6. Place on a cookie tray and let cool off completely before putting on frosting.
Homemade Frosting Recipe
✓ Handful strawberries
✓ ¼ cup butter
✓ ¼ cup sugar
✓ 2 TBSP vanilla
1. Add all ingredients to electric mixer, mix on high for about 2 minutes or until the mix takes on an icing like texture.
2. Spread on donuts!
Note: You can store the remainder of the icing in the fridge and use it up as you eat the donuts.
Don’t forget to tag me in your pictures on Instagram using #HealthFitnessBoss or simply tag me in them so I can see your creations and like them! Also, don’t forget to check out PlantBasedKirsta, who knows you might find as much inspiration on her account as I do!
Lots of Love,