Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
This week I got a great deal on Zucchinis, I got a big bag on sale for a dollar so I jumped at the opportunity although I had never eaten or bought zucchini before. So as per usual I jumped on Pinterest to find out what kind of recipes I could through together and I found this gem! I’m not a huge chocolate muffin or cupcake kind of person but these are absolutely amazing and I think that it be might because they are made from scratch and the zucchini makes a big difference although you really can’t taste it!
✓ 2 Eggs
✓ ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
✓ ½ Cup Sugar
✓ ½ Cup Brown Sugar
✓ 2 tsp. Vanilla
✓ 1½ Cup Zucchini (2-3 medium zucchinis, shredded)
✓ ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
✓ ½ Cup Cocoa
✓ ½ tsp. Baking Soda
✓ 1 tsp. Baking Powder
✓ ½ tsp. Salt
✓ ¼ Cup of dark chocolate chunks or chips
** You will need to shredded your zucchini and the easiest way to do this is with a cheese grater. Wash the zucchini and cut off the two ends than shred it the same way you would cheese.
1. In a medium bowl; Combine Eggs, Oil, Sugars, Vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
2. Slowly add in Raw Shredded Zucchini and stir
3. Combine Dry Ingredients in a Large Measuring Cup; whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
5. Stir in Chocolate Chunks or Chips
6. Spoon into Muffin Pans. I used ½ C. measuring cup to measure out each muffin and I also made small ones.
7. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes
Ps. Instead of using cupcake liners, I used a little bit of coconut oil to line my pan. Less mess and easier for kids to eat too!
These are honestly one of the best chocolate muffins I’ve ever had! If you recreate these let me know what you think of them by sharing a picture with me on any of the social media sites ☟☟☟
Have a great weekend,
**I am now recruiting guest writers for my blog! If you like to write, are passionate about health, fitness and or beauty and would like to write for healthfitnessboss.com, I would love to hear from you! Email me with a sample of your work at firstname.lastname@example.org**