My clean eating pantry staples
Now that you are more familiar with what clean eating entails, with the do’s and don’ts, tips & grocery list I thought that I would share some of my clean eating food staples. These are foods that I eat almost daily and can’t go more than a few days without. I call these my food staples because I feel that these foods help keep me on track and help to keep me from bingeing.
1. Fresh Produce – I Make sure that my fridge is always stocked up with fresh fruits and veggies. Some fruits and veggies that I keep in stock at all times are: Broccoli, onions, peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, berries, grapes etc.
2.Frozen Fruits and Veggies- They are frozen at the peak of ripeness and often go on sale or are cheaper than fresh produce. I always have frozen fruit for smoothies(quick breakfast), as well as frozen peas.
3. WATER – Either bottled or from the tap. Make sure that you always have a full water bottle by your side.
4. Whole grains – I tend to like my carbs A LOT and I never stop myself from eating them when I want them. I simply ensure that I buy whole wheat everything; rice, pasta, bread, flour.
5. Lean meats – Chicken, ground turkey, some deli meat for sandwiches(I prefer to buy this from the butcher instead of the prepacked stuff.)
6. Nuts or Nut butters – My favorite thing is to dip apples in peanut butter.
7. Olive Oil – This is the only oil that I use for cooking.
8. Chia seeds – I throw these in my smoothies for added nutrients such as protein.
Here is a little reminder of what foods to limit while clean eating!
You can find the other 2 post from this series HERE & HERE!
I hope that this Clean Eating Series has been helpful to you. If you would like me to do more short series on a specific subject, I’d love to hear your suggestions!
Have a wonderful week!