Welcome back to another edition of Foodie Fridays! This is the start of a long weekend here so my boyfriend and I are getting ready to go on a camping trip with a bunch of our friends. Since we will be gone for 2 or 3 days I thought that it would be nice if I posted the snacks that I will be packing. I know that for some it’s a struggle to stay on track while out of your comfort zones, so this is for you. Camping is definitely an out-of-my-comfort-zone place for me as well but I’ve decided that I’m gonna overcome this and prepare myself so that I don’t end up binging and overdoing it on bad foods. Bare in mind that treats are okay and I will be having a few! Also, I’m not a big alcohol drinker so my calories will not be going to that!
For some reason when people(myself included) go camping we tend to pack ALL the junk. It’s seems like it’s the perfect place to pig out and eat all the foods that you normally wouldn’t like chips, smores, beer, chocolate and processed anything. The thing is, is that it is so easy to prepare fruits and veggies and pack them in your cooler. I’ve decided to share with you the snacks that I will be packing but I am packing all the food that we will need for the weekend, I just thought that this post would be too long if I posted everything. So here’s a few things that I will be bringing other than snacks are veggie dogs, whole wheat bread, smart Kraft dinner (still bad, but a little better than the regular), cheese, eggs, oatmeal and a case of water. Those are some of the vegetarian things that I packed for myself. Since my boyfriend isn’t a vegetarian he will be bringing other things like burgers and hotdogs.
Camping Snack List
1. Watermelon, pineapple & celery – I will be cutting these fruits into pieces and I will keep them in separate bowls and store them in my cooler.
2. Apples to eat with the peanut butter. I also packed a knife to cut the apples into slices.
3. Peanut Butter – for apples, celery and sandwiches.
4. Clif bars
5. Soya nuts – I’ve never had these but they have 16g of protein for half a cup so I’m going to give them a try because that’s some good protein for a veggie!
6. Asian style crackers – I’ve never had these either but I felt like trying something new.
7. Dark chocolate because I love chocolate.
Hopefully this was helpful for you and you will be able to get some ideas from this next time you go away for a few days whether it be camping or not!
Talk to you on Monday for Motivational Monday!