It’s another beautiful day in the city today! Today’s post is going to be a recipe. As I have mentioned in my last post I am transitioning to a vegetarian lifestyle, so I have been experimenting with new recipes especially with tofu! I hadn’t had tofu until a few weeks ago. I don’t know why. I think it was most likely cause I thought it wasn’t going to taste good but I was mighty wrong! I love it! So far I’ve had it several different ways, including in scrambled eggs. Yesterday I decided to make tofu bites. This is an easy recipe that even your kids will like! Plus my boyfriend said that this is the best way he’s had tofu, and he’s not crazy for it! So you should definitely try it!
I’ve been liking tofu because it’s a cheap source of protein and it is so versatile, you can eat it for breakfast or dinner! This recipe is very easy to make and takes very little ingredients. I imagine that you can bake these but I fried them in about 2.5 tbsp of olive oil. Alright, here’s the recipe:
This Recipe serves 2 but can easily be doubled.
✮ Half a brick of tofu
✮ 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
✮ pinch of black pepper
✮ 1 egg
✮ olive oil
1. Soak up the extra water from the tofu then cut into bite sized square pieces.
2. In a medium size bowl whisk together dry ingredients – bread crumbs, black pepper and herbamare.
3. In a small bowl, whisk egg.
4. in a frying pan heat up the olive oil.
5. Dip the tofu into the egg then roll in the bread crumb mixture.
6. Fry until all sides are cooked. Total time should be around 10 minutes.
This recipes was a great hit in my household and I’m definitely going to be making these again soon! If you recreate these tofu bites send me a picture of it!