Aloha my friends!
It’s hump day! You’re almost through with another week, go you! I don’t know if anyone else is like this but I love cooking, I love cooking anytime no matter what mood i’m in, I just love it. So this morning at 1 A.M., I was bored and not tired so i decided to look in my cupboard, I scouted out what ingredients I had and then I came up with this Vegan Trail Mix! I haven’t tasted it yet because I made it then went to bed and I haven’t had the chance to try it yet today, but my boyfriend tried it out and he said that it really good!
This mix is made of simple healthy ingredients and is packed with protein – Thank you chick peas!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 38 minutes Serve Time: 2 hours
☆ 1 can of Chick Peas
☆ 45g ocean spray dried cranberries
☆ Approx. 10 almonds, chopped up
☆ 1/8 cup raw sunflower seeds
☆ 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
☆ 1 Tablespoon Honey (agave to make it vegan)
☆ 3/4 Tablespoon coconut oil
☆ 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
☆ 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 390 Fahrenheit. Drain chick peas, place in a strainer and rinse out the chick peas. Lay chick peas on paper towel to dry them out a little but be careful, chick peas are fragile.
2. Place the chick peas on a pan, I sprayed mine with olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 30-38 minutes. (depending on how dry you want the peas)
3. whilst the peas are baking you will prepare the rest of the ingredients, see picture above.
4. When chick peas are done baking, let them cool for 5 minutes. Toss into a bowl after 5 minutes and mix in all the ingredients until thoroughly mixed!
5. Pour trail mix in a container of choice. Let the mix cool down completely and serve!
I hope that you will enjoy this recipe! Be on the lookout for more recipes like these in the coming days!
Have a wonderful rest of your day!