Best EVER Cream of Broccoli Soup!
Broccoli is my favorite vegetable, I’ve always enjoyed broccoli and eat it almost daily. The one thing that I was always scared to make was a cream of broccoli soup. The reason for this is because I thought it was a lot more complicated that it really is. You don’t need a food processor or any other gimmicks, just a pot and a few ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard! So go ahead and enjoy this recipe as an appetizer, lunch or anything in between!
Serves: 4 small bowls(appetizers) or 2 regular sized bowls.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes | Cook time: 25-30 minutes | Total Time: 30-40 minutes
✓ 1 bunch of fresh broccoli (at least 2 ½ C. of chopped broccoli tops)
✓ 2 ½ C. vegetable broth
✓ Marble cheese
✓ 1 cup of shredded carrots
✓ 1 small yellow onion, chopped
✓ 1 cup half and half cream
✓ 3 TBSP whole wheat flour
✓ 3 TBSP butter
✓ ¼ tsp garlic powder
✓ ⅛ tsp dried basil
✓ ⅛ tsp herbamare
✓ ⅛ tsp black pepper
1. In a medium-large pot add broth, broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, powder, dried basil, herbarmare & black pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes.
2. Once your broccoli mixture is almost ready, take a pan and melt the butter than add the whole wheat flour and mix together.
3. Add butter and flour to the broccoli mixture, mix well.
4. Add cream. I add a little at a time and mix as I go to ensure that the soup is not too watery.
5. Mix in Cheese.
6. Serve or store in the fridge and bring it to work for your lunch!
I’ve made this recipe both with and without the carrots and although they were both delicious I have to say that I preferred the one with carrots.
I put out new Videos Every Tuesday and Thursday, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & make sure you don’t miss a thing!