I’ve been on vacation at my parents place for the last week and this is the one recipe that my mom requested I make for her because she loves it! It’s a fairly simple recipe that anyone can make and the bonus is that it’s nutritious and delicious!
✓ 1 pound Ground Turkey
✓ ½ cup plain bread crumbs
✓ 3 tbsp milk
✓ ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
✓ ¼ tsp pepper
✓ 1 small onion, chopped(1/4 cup)
✓ 1 egg
✓ 1 jar (16 oz) Old El-Paso Thick & Chunky Salsa
1. Heat over to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together except salsa.
3. Shape mixture into approximately 20 meatballs.
4. Place in rectangular cookie sheet. (I used parchment paper on the bottom to prevent sticking)
5. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until thermometer inserted in the meatballs reads 165 degrees
6. In a saucepan, place salsa & meatballs. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
7. Reduce Heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
I like to serve it as a simple meat side like the picture below or on top of whole wheat rice! If you recreate this recipe, I’d love to see your creations on Instagram so tag me in your picture.
I hope you all have a fantastic week,