I seem to be on a meaty recipe roll these days & I hope you’re enjoy it! If not, have no fear I’ll have some non-meat related recipes coming your way shortly! Last night when it came time to prepare dinner, I knew I wanted to have chicken and I also knew that I wanted to try something that I hadn’t made or had before. So naturally, I took to Pinterest for some inspiration!
Prep Time: 5 – 10 Minutes || Cook Time: ~25
Servings: 3 – 4
✓ 3-4 chicken breasts
✓ ½ cup whole wheat flour
✓ 2 eggs + 2 tablespoons water
✓ 1 cup bread crumbs of choice (I used italien style)
✓ ¾ cup of your favourite BBQ sauce
✓ 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Slice chicken breasts into strips. Add chicken strips and flour to a large ziplock bag. Seal and toss to coat chicken in flour.
3. Place bread crumbs in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk together eggs and water.
4. Dip flour-coated chicken strips into egg mixture, then toss in bread crumbs to coat.
5. Place coated chicken pieces on greased baking sheet and spray heavily with cooking spray.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes until chicken is browned and cooked through.
7. While chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce & stir in garlic powder until smooth.
8. When chicken strips are done cooking, toss in sauce. Serve warm with ranch dressing if desired.
These chicken fingers were great fresh and they were just as good the next day for lunch! They make a great snack, I will be doubling the recipe and bringing it with us on your weekend camping trip tomorrow as they are good warm or cold! I’d love to see how your recipes turned out so please share them with me on Facebook, twitter or Instagram!
Have a great weekend!